3 months ago
Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Spa, we offer fine-dining, a relaxing Spa, spectacular accommodations and legendary service of the world-renowned hotel group.
Duties & Supporting Responsibilities:
* Greet and escort guests promptly as they arrive to the hotel.
* Use proper procedures when parking cars.
* Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with and assisting colleagues as needed.
* Assist the doorman with the loading and unloading of luggage from guest vehicles.
* Ability to control traffic in the drive.
* Initiate contact with guests entering and departing the hotel, while opening and closing the main hotel door.
* Assist guests with car doors.
* Awareness and ability to communicate daily events and functions.
* Be familiar with local establishments and activities i.e. Restaurants, night clubs, shows.
* Be familiar with all hotel services including spa and dining.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the entrance and garage facilities.
* Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel a departmental policies and procedures.
* Greet, welcome and anticipate every guest and their needs.
* Ensure every guest receives a fond farewell.
* Able to provide appropriate directions.
* Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated hotel personnel to ensure completion of request.
* Ensure that porte-cochere is attended at all times.
* Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
* Ability to promote positive relations with all individuals who approach the porte-cochere.
* Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintains concentration and make concise decisions.
* Ability to focus attention on details.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data.
* Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Front Services Manager or Duty Manager.
* Drive vehicles safely.
* Overnight Valet to wash all windshields of in-house guests' vehicles.
* Overnight Valet to conduct inventory of in-house vehicles.
Required Skills & Experience:
* One year hotel valet experience within a luxury environment.
* Able to communicate written and spoken English.
* Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
* Excellent overall communication skills.
* Able to multi-task and remain composed at all times.
* The ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
* Able to stand and run for extended periods of time in high and low temperatures.
* Professional appearance and demeanor.
* Excellent driving record required.
* Must possess a full clean current driving license.
* Additional languages are advantageous.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Reference # 48099
Posted: Nov 18, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
Department Bell Desk
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)