Four Seasons Hotel Denver is seeking a Sommelier (F&B Assistant-Manager) with experience delivering exceptional service.The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees, people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
“The reason for our success is no secret. It comes down to one single principle that transcends time and geography, religion, and culture.It’s the Golden Rule – the simple idea that if you treat people well, the way you would like to be treated, they will do the same.” – Isadore Sharp, Founder and Chairman Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Join our Team
Work on a team that is built around adaptability & flexibility, service passion, professionalism, ethic for work integrity, communication, and teamwork.
Four Seasons Hotel Denver is rated AAA 5 Diamond for 2016.We are located in the heart of Denver’s theatre district offering 239 ultra-spacious guest rooms and suites; 101 private residences; a top rated restaurant, EDGE; and a luxury spa.
Provide expert knowledge of wine in an elegantly appointed environment, as well as describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients and preparation methods. Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in our EDGE Bar & Restaurant while ensuring guest satisfaction. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, and coach all employees in our EDGE Bar & Restaurant to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met: long-range strategic planning for outlet operation. The ability to create innovative programs and promotions that will better the operation. This role has direct contact with guests and as such good communication skills are a necessity.This position does require an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning/afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management
• One to two years previous experience in a supervisory or assistant manager position in Food & Beverage
• Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance, merchandising,& accounting
• Extensive knowledge of wine and must have at a Sommelier I certification
• Good command of the English language
• Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in the United States
What to Expect:
• Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Holiday, vacation, and sick pay
• Discounted RTD Flex Pass for employees
• 401k participation with a company matching program
• Complimentary stays at Four Seasons worldwide (subject to availability)
• Access to the Hotel’s health club facilities
• Free employee meals prepared by the culinary team
• Complimentary dry cleaning of employee uniforms