about 1 year ago
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the finest hotels. The Group operates luxury hotels in key leisure and business and leisure destinations. In total Mandarin Oriental employs 12,000 colleagues in three continents with 13 hotels in Asia, 6 in North America and 10 Europe.
The Residences at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, are situated in the heart of Buckhead, the city's most prestigious neighborhood, in an iconic building designed by renowned American architect Robert A.M. Stern. High above Peachtree Road on the top floors of this 42-story building, residence owners have unparalleled views of the glittering Atlanta skyline. While at home, residents will enjoy convenient access to the region's top dining, shopping and cultural attractions including Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, the Georgia Aquarium and the High Museum of Art.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the doorperson will keep the guest's perspective in mind at all times and carry out the mission of the Residences.
The Residential Doorperson is responsible for the overall Resident satisfaction including initiating contact with the Residents entering the hotel and creating a delightful arrival and departure experience.
The Doorperson reports directly to the Manager of Residences
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To be positioned at the Front Door whenever possible, at post position. When stationed at the Front Door, one is to maintain good posture and positive body language, which suggest a willingness to be of assistance to anyone at any time.
* To properly have radio at all times. It is important that one always monitor the radio communication, and always respond back to the caller, confirming that the message(s) has been received.
* To properly sign, from shift to shift, receipt and return of the Residential Doorperson's building keys (if applicable).
* To open the Front Door for all Residents, guests and visitors to the residences.
* To be acquainted with all Residents and regular visitors, and to greet them by name whenever possible, in a polite and personable manner.
* To provide security and properly screen all visitors, as directed both by Management and the Residents. The Residential Lobby is only accessible to the Residents and their chosen visitors; all others need to be directed elsewhere, whether to the Loading Dock or to another location. If in doubt, please direct the individual(s) to the Residential Concierge.
* To approach every vehicle arriving to the front valet curb, and provide assistance or directions where needed. Always open Resident's vehicle doors and greet the Resident professionally and courteously.
* To assist with luggage, packages, groceries, etc., on behalf of all Residents. Always ask for assistance if items exceed 50 pounds, or cannot be lifted reasonably or comfortably. Items that cannot be comfortably and securely carried through the Front Lobby must be delivered into the building via the Loading Dock entrance. Please protect injury to one's self and damage to the building at all times.
* If a Resident has temporarily parked their vehicle in the residential valet zone, the Resident Name and Unit Number must be known, and passed on to the Residential Concierge, so that the Resident may be contacted if necessary.
* To hail taxi cabs promptly and efficiently. Always open the vehicle door for the Resident entering the taxi cab; assist with luggage and other items if needed.
* To regulate the residential valet zone, enforcing the 15-minute parking timeframe, and ensuring it is used as it is intended. All unauthorized vehicles parked in the residential valet zone should be brought to the attention of the Residential Concierge.
* To courteously direct all residential and private contractors, service professionals and large deliveries to the Loading Dock entrance (during standard operating hours). All must properly sign in at Security before gaining access to the residences.
* To notify the Residential Concierge of any maintenance or safety issues needing review and response.
* To have a complete understanding of the life safety and emergency response facilities and procedures.
* 2 years Guest Related Experience
* Able to communicate written and spoken English
* Excellent overall communication skills
* Able to multi-task
* The ability to work well independently
* Able to stand for extended periods of time
* Must be professional and possess excellent presentation, communication, organization, and effective time management skills
* Must have very strong knowledge of the restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theatres, Broadway shows and attractions in Atlanta.
* Flexible schedules and hours, willingness to work on weekends & holidays is required.
Reference # 47734
Posted: Jul 14, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Department Bell Desk
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)