about 1 year ago
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service.
Scope of Position
The Sous Chef will take full responsibility for his or her outlet. Exhibit strong leadership, and continuing to develop colleagues under the guidance of the Executive Chef, and the Executive Sous Chef. Striving to exceed guest's expectations, while working as a team with other Sous Chefs.
The Pool Café Sous Chef reports to the Executive Chef and in some occasions the Executive Sous Chef.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
The Pool Café Sous Chef is responsible for the outlet, working on scheduling, menu development, and service. The Pool Café Sous Chef is the owner of this outlet
* A thorough knowledge of gastronomy
* Minimum of 4 years experience in a busy hotel and/or restaurant environment. Culinary degree is beneficial
* Working knowledge of mathematics for recipes, ordering, and financial research purposes
* Working knowledge of computers and MS office software
* Ability to delegate responsibility, pay attention to detail, handle multiple tasks and show a high level of patience
* Excellent communication skills in all aspects: written, verbal and non-
* Strong creativity
* Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
* Must possess excellent organizational and administrative skills, interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
* Approachable, open-minded and fair
* Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
* High energy
* Able to work within the guidelines of the Companies Fire, Life and Safety Program and transfer the knowledge to Sous Chefs and Colleagues.
* Advanced HACCP certification or equivalent
* Additional languages
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Reference # 49760
Posted: Feb 17, 2017
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
Department Culinary Department / Kitchen
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Management