7 months ago
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
* Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
* Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
* Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
* Assist Guest courteously and efficiently
* Managing day- to day operations
* To supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the dinning room at all the time
* To be able to take food and beverage order
* Knowledge of food and beverage to be able to service and up sell the product
* To manage proper staffing level
* To manage proper supplies level
* Manage / oversee scheduling, recruitment and interviewing for new colleagues
* Manage / oversee colleagues training and development
* Manage monthly departmental meeting
* Conduct daily communication meeting with staff prior to shift to communicate relevant daily information
* Ensure Pool & Cabana standards are upheld
* To visit all of our Guests during or after their meal, to ensure satisfaction
* To manage, coach and counsel colleagues including disciplinary procedures
* Uphold and enforce all hotel policies and procedures as stated in hotel colleague handbook
* Generates a good atmosphere
* Attend weekly and monthly meeting
* Communicate all group information/changes to existing information to appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
* Entertain clients, as appropriate
* Proper phone etiquette
* Coordinate all aspects of service as assigned by self to include but not limited to:
* Food and beverage requirements
* Timing of events
* Special attention guests
* Table setup
* Special meal requests
* Billing instructions
* Authorized signatures
* Décor (to include floral) requirements
* Additional duties include but are not limited to:
* Monitor payroll of department
* Review and approve departmental PAFs
* Attend scheduled food and beverage meetings
* Develop and update menus, as appropriate
* Revise standard and procedures for department, as necessary
Required Skills & Experience:
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in luxury environment
* Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
* Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
* Self-motivator and motivator of others.
* Ability to work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
* Have good knowledge of food and preparation
* Have a good knowledge of wine
* Have a good knowledge of beverage and bar related products
* Have a good knowledge of laws related to beverage service
* Ability to relate to all levels of Guests and management.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
* Able to consistently delight and satisfy our Guest
* Good communication skills
* Excellent attention to details, and extensive service knowledge
* Prior experience in a renovation or pre-opening environment
* TIPS certification
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Reference # 49382
Posted: Nov 10, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
Department Food and Beverage
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Management