about 1 year ago
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from a well-respected Asian hotel company into a global brand, the Group now operate hotels in Asia, The Americas, Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Mandarin Oriental is a member of the Jardine Matheson group.
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a spectacular addition to our acclaimed collection of hotels and resorts. Situated in the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood, the luxurious 127 guest rooms and 10 suites offer the most spacious luxury accommodations in the city. Unparalleled service and luxury amenities make it the ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a serene retreat for effective therapy. Our spa has introduced Atlanta to world-acclaimed and unique Mandarin Oriental therapies.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will provide the highest level of customer service to all guests, to ensure the guest experience is one that is beyond the expectations of the guest and aligned with our Legendary Quality Experiences.
The Café Server is responsible for maintaining high level of service on the floor at all times and assisting the Server Assistant with the clearing of all used glassware to ensure a clean and tidy environment. Additionally the incumbent will be able to anticipate guests' needs, answer any guest questions, and fulfill requests made by guests in regards to the wine list, cocktails, and menu that is served
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
* Retrieves completed food and/or beverage orders from kitchen or bar; confirms accuracy of order and delivers to guests with appropriate condiments. When serving beverages, abides by all state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
* Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain if necessary any specials and/or bar promotions
* Records the details of the order from guests, repeating as necessary, to check for accuracy
* Responsible for serving drinks, serving food, cleaning bar, setting up and breaking down the lounge area
* Replenishes beverages as necessary and checks with guest for overall satisfaction
* Markets and serves upon request any dessert or specialty item
* Presents the check to the guest when asked and collects and processes payment
* Handle, process and settle all cash payment and transactions from bar and lounge
* Makes sure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless
* The Café Server maintains all Lounge environment and equipment clean and tidy, assists guests when they have questions about the menus/wine list/liquor and cocktails, and takes order from guests, anticipates guests' needs and addresses them accordingly
* Enter all sales in Micros (POS) without errors. Double check list of items before "sending". Print a new check after each additional order is entered.
* Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it
* Maintaining cleanliness of the lounge area at all times and well stocked with supplies
* Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the management
* One year previous Cafe Server experience in a luxury hotel or lounge setting required
* Knowledge pairing of food & wines and liquor
* Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of am, pm, weekend and holiday shifts
* Work in a safe and prudent manner
* Extensive Wine and Liquor knowledge
* Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
* Have knowledge of food and preparation
* Have an excellent knowledge of mixed drinks and cocktails
* Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management.
* Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
* Maintain a clean and healthy personal hygiene and grooming.
* Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
* Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
Reference # 50159
Posted: Nov 22, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Department Restaurant Outlet
Work Availability Part-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)