12 months ago
Overnight Relief Cook I
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from a well-respected Asian hotel company into a global brand, the Group now operate hotels in Asia, The Americas, Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Mandarin Oriental is a member of the Jardine Matheson group.
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a spectacular addition to our acclaimed collection of hotels and resorts. Situated in the prestigious Buckhead neighbourhood, the luxurious 127 guest rooms and 10 suites offer the most spacious luxury accommodations in the city. Unparalleled service and luxury amenities make it the ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a serene retreat for effective therapy. Our spa has introduced Atlanta to world-acclaimed and unique Mandarin Oriental therapies.
The Overnight Relief Cook's primary shift will be working on the overnight shift. The person would be working independently on their own the entire shift. Able to time manage specific tasks and programs that you are responsible for.
Able to manage time and prioritize tasks, plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of hot food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items, hot line specials, displays/ presentations of hot appetizers, entrees, side vegetable & potato dishes, sauce, stock and hot sandwiches in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
Need to have the discipline to work with minimal supervision and experience to create special items for our guest. Daily communication between all Culinary/F&B/operational department as well as internal & external communication. Respect and communicate to promote an excellent environment in which to work and will provide for your guests a welcome feeling. To be a "team player," anticipate guest needs, and provide guests & colleagues with a friendly experience.
Reports Directly to the Executive Sous Chef.
* Able to handle service and stay organized in a busy restaurant
* Able to work a busy station
* Great love of cooking
* Able to follow recipes
* Quick learner who wants to experience all the stations and cuisines.
* Minimum of 2-3 years in the culinary department of a luxury hotel or restaurant and / or a culinary degree.
* Able to work within the guidelines of the Companies Fire, Life and Safety Program and transfer the knowledge to Colleagues.
* Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
* Approachable, open-minded and fair
* Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
* High energy
* ServeSafe Certification
* Working knowledge of computers and basic software
* Knowledge of other cuisines is a plus
Reference # 47401
Posted: Jun 27, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Department Food and Beverage
Work Availability Part-time
Job Type Non-Management (Experienced)