11 months ago
Director of Residences
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from a well-respected Asian hotel company into a global brand, the Group now operate hotels in Asia, The Americas, Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Mandarin Oriental is a member of the Jardine Matheson group.
The Residences at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, are situated in the heart of Buckhead, the city's most prestigious neighborhood, in an iconic building designed by renowned American architect Robert A.M. Stern. High above Peachtree Road on the top floors of this 42-story building, residence owners have unparalleled views of the glittering Atlanta skyline. While at home, residents will enjoy convenient access to the region's top dining, shopping and cultural attractions including Lenox Square, Phipps Plaza, the Georgia Aquarium and the High Museum of Art.
The Director of Residences is responsible for, but not limited to, the overall Residences operations at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, management of all pre and post-opening operations activities, and continuous enhancement of operations.
The successful candidate will require the following attributes in addition to possessing prior experience in real estate management as well as knowledge of real estate laws and regulations and possible hospitality background.
The Director of Residences reports directly to the General Manager with adjunct responsibilities to the Group Director of Residences and supervises the supporting residential staff.
* Will work on corporate guidelines and initiatives provided in the Environmental policies.
* Will be fully responsible for orchestrating and directing the annual Risk Management Audit by conducted by a third parties engaged by MOHG.
* To work with the Sales team to ensure a constant source of feedback and to improve the veracity and consistency of service.
* Will be fully responsible for orchestrating and directing the annual Elevator and Fire, Life and Health safety Audit which is conducted by third parties engaged by MOHG.
* Will be forthcoming to create promotions and new initiatives thereby giving the sales and marketing team's opportunities to sell.
* Human Resource Strategy for recruitment and selection of colleagues. Residence Manager will be actively involved in the selection of candidates and will adhere to the MOHG guidelines.
* Career development programs for colleagues. RM will be the mentor and coach for the new and mid level Managers actively engaging them in projects and learning initiatives. RM will ensure that appraisals and feedback sessions are regularly done Organization skills.
* Create opportunities, promotions and happenings regularly to keep the hotel visible to customers.
* Support the Hotel Financial Controller in the implementation of the budget.
* BA or BS degree or equivalent.
* Georgia CAM License
* 5+ years of relevant experience in luxury community management or luxury hotel management during which the candidate has demonstrated success and advancement.
* Excellent English communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written and non-verbal.
* Professional and appropriate business appearance and presentation
* Ability to sit or stand for up to 8-12 hours a day.
* Quality Driven with a passion for excellence.
* Must possess excellent organizational and administrative skills, interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
* Approachable open minded and fair.
* Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
* High energy.
* Prior luxury hotel or residential opening experience
* Additional language skills
Reference # 48783
Posted: Sep 6, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Management