about 1 month ago
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels, resorts and residences. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, 44 hotels representing over 11,000 rooms in 28 countries, with 18 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas and 13 in Europe, Middle East and North Africa. In addition, the Group operates, or has under development, 14 Residences at Mandarin Oriental, connected to the Group's properties.
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, extensive event space, and a superb restaurant. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best. The Massage Therapist is responsible for, but not limited to performing as trained all spa treatments to guests in a professional and pleasant fashion.
* Must possess a DC massage license.
* At least 2 years of massage experience is required. Those candidates who possess luxury hotel and/or luxury spa experience will be strongly considered.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The following is description,
* Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
* Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
* Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T. as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement
* To perform treatments on guests whilst maintaining the guest's comfort at all times.
* Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointments after completing each treatment
* Keep work area clean, stocked and neat at all times.
* Must follow all Standards and Procedures as taught by legendary trainers or Head Therapist.
* To ensure that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the Spa.
* Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required:
* Front Desk
* Spa Retail Area
* Relaxation Area
* Sluice Area
* Sales and Marketing
* Spa Suites
* Report dysfunctional equipment to Spa Director
* To maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the treatment rooms
* Maintain cleanliness and attention to detail in treatment room throughout shift.
* To attend daily line-ups, weekly and monthly spa meetings.
* Will be expected to assist and perform various demonstrations and events.
* To maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as lay down by the Spa Director.
* Must attend all training courses as deemed necessary, and must adhere to training as set down by the Spa Director.
* Must have the ability to courteously interact and answer all spa and hotel related questions with guests.
* Perform all treatments to the highest standards.
* Assist in all areas of the spa as and when necessary. E.G. Relaxation area and Reception
* To recognize the importance of "sales" in every aspect of their role and responsible for achieving sales targets as set by the Spa Director.
* To be adaptable and accountable for all actions.
* Arrive 15 minutes before the start of your shift to allow sufficient time to prepare for your workday.
* Will perform as a professional, with a friendly business attitude and conduct all duties and responsibilities as required by the position, or assigned by the Spa Director.
* Maintain current professional licenses.
Reference # 46779
Posted: Nov 11, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
Work Availability Part-time
Job Type Non-Management (Experienced)