8 months ago
Requisition Number 16-1913
Post Date 10/21/2016
Title Resorts - Regional Chief Engineer - Shenandoah Crossing
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours GENERAL - M-F 8:30a-5:30p
Description The purpose of the Chief Engineer is to direct the resort maintenance/technical and public area staff to effectively
maintain all resort facilities/equipment/property. The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining proper working
relations within the department and with other operating departments on property and for providing outstanding guest
* Ensure all maintenance and public area SOP's are being followed as outlined in the SOP manual.
* Accountable for the safe and efficient maintenance of the resort through proper supervision and management of
maintenance, technical and public area staff.
* Assist as required in solving complex maintenance problems.
* Direct the implementation of maintenance plans with consideration to operational and budgetary constraints.
* Schedule and perform routine/preventive/emergency maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
* Work with other department managers to schedule and co-ordinate inspections and repairs.
* Responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of maintenance staff.
* Responsible for supervising overall activities of maintenance and public area staff, including employee development
through training, performance evaluations, and salary administration.
* Organize and hold monthly department meetings.
* Develop, implement, and monitor all maintenance policies and procedures, inspections and schedules, and maintain
logs and reports.
* Manage and achieve all areas of budgets by implementing proper cost controls i.e.: purchase orders/inventory,
* Establish both short and long term budgets and forecasts for maintenance. Display sound judgment in regards to
managing cost control measures.
* Provide outstanding guest satisfaction and courteous cooperation with fellow associates in all departments.
Requirements High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
2 years of Management/Maintenance Supervision in a hotel/resort
environment or related field
HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and General Maintenance skills. Ability to supervise
a staff of 8-12 associates. Customer service and quality fundamentals, MS
Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, company’s
intranet system and corporate policies and procedures
Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. Confidence and determination
to succeed. Innovative and creative. Detail-oriented with strong analytical and
problem solving skills, strong ability to think strategically and analyze
information timely and accurately. Strong interpersonal communication skills to
deal effectively with all levels of the organization.