about 1 year ago
Requisition Number 16-2056
Post Date 12/20/2016
Title Resorts - Maintenance Technician II - Lodge Alley Inn
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours RESORTS Resort Operating Hours
Description The purpose of the Maintenance Technician II is to maintain the cosmetic appearance and the mechanical function of all the buildings and grounds in both the interior and exterior of the entire property.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
* Provide excellent service to both external and internal customers.
* Responsible to maintain proper working relations within the department and with other operating departments on property.
* Monitor the physical condition of the units and the resort and correct unsafe conditions.
* Maintain accurate records for work orders/preventive maintenance, safety, repair/replace of major equipment, inventory of parts and supplies.
* Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs on A/C and heating, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, painting, water and sewer lines, stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, gutters, ceiling fans, appliances, pool, amenities, landscaping, install locks and safety devices and other typical resort repairs.
* Ability to address the concerns and maintenance needs of the guests and associates in a friendly and professional manner.
* Ensure that all modes of property transportation are operating properly.
* Complete work orders, preventive maintenance and daily projects reported by engineering management, front desk, or otherwise assigned during the shift.
* Daily logs must be filed in log book and work orders must be placed on proper hook.
* Ensure the satisfaction of all guests by providing quick and satisfactory service to owners and guests.
* Carry out all requests from management necessary to provide 100% customer satisfaction within the associate's ability.
* Abide by all company and engineering policies and procedures.
* Follow all safety procedures when performing duties.
* Responsible for identification and/or repair of any safety hazards.
* Responsible for learning and meeting all necessary engineering requirements for future growth in the department.
* Must have schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7-day work week, and be willing to be on 24-hour call as needed.
Requirements High School Diploma and/or Trade School Certification (preferred)
1-2 years technical training or equivalent maintenance technician experience or hospitality experience
This individual must familiarize themselves with Bluegreen Standard Operating Procedures in addition to OSHA standards and Bluegreen Vacations Safety Handbook, this individual must also display the flexibility to deal with ever-changing situations as it pertains to guest, owners, associates and work load.
In addition this position requires basic knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Appliance repair fields.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test."