7 months ago
Requisition Number 16-2190
Post Date 1/18/2017
Title Resorts - Guest Services Manager - The Hammocks at Marathon
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours RESORTS Resort Operating Hours
Description The purpose of the Guest Services Manager is to guarantee guest satisfaction by managing the daily operations of the guest services desk activities, implementing processes related to the daily operation of guest services and its coordination with other internal departments. In addition, the Guest Services Manager will coordinate activities between the security and valet companies. He will also assist the Resort Manager with the accounting of the resort and act as a Human Resources representative when needed. Accountable for meeting and exceeding all company Standard Operating Procedures. As the Guest Services Manager you must be visible, and able to work all shifts as need dictates. Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, annual reviews and managing a staff of 6 or more. Assist in strategic business vision and planning for Acts as Manager on Duty in absence of Resort Manager.
Guest/Owner Relations: Ensure the satisfaction of all guests by implementing and maintaining proper Guest/Owner relation programs. Manage owner questions and concerns, including maintenance fee related inquiries. Maintain the resort comment card grading systems standards. Follows up on guest alerts from Medallia system within 48 hours.
* Associate Management: Responsibilities include recruiting, training, and continued development of team. Perform appraisals of team. Coach, counsel, and develop team members. Organize monthly meetings (including assistance in property Gung Ho Rallies). Scheduling to meet the needs of the resort. Acts as property Quality Express Engineer and implements other company programs such as Gung Ho. Promote team building. Must be willing to work side by side with associates during training.
* Inventory Management: Manage the resort inventory to attain the highest yield per resort objectives. Conduct weekly yield meetings with Resort Manager and manage inventory through external engines. Train all GS associates on proper reservation procedures.
* GS controls and SOP’s: Manage and achieve all areas of budgets by implementing proper GS controls. Daily checks of all audits to ensure financial controls. Make certain SOP’s are being followed as outlined in the related manual. Make certain all shift checklists are being followed and that associates understand why they are completing each task. Constantly looking for more efficient ways to run the department.
* Reporting and Communication: Responsible for the accurate completing of the FLASH report daily. Develop and maintain progress reports and program tracking for management review. Communicate programs and results to appropriate parties. Maintain resort weshare site.
* Must have follow-through process on short-term and long-term programs with little guidance.
* Multi-tasking skills are needed
* Self-starter - able to work independently
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Flexibility to deal with ever-changing situations
* Meets or exceeds monthly Rental, Bonus Time budgets. Increases occupancy % over previous year.
* Maintain department budgets
* Create and Achieve department quarterly goals.
* Continuously trains and coaches associates to be self sufficient
* Keep resort weshare documents and photos up to date.
Requirements * High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* 2 years as a Supervisor
* 1 Year Management
* ttend required training session’s e.g., specific departmental training, Osha, Risk Management and Guest Relations. Having a positive disposition, thriving on ambiguity, openness to differences, patience, visionary leadership, developing organizational talent/staff development, strategic thinking and execution.
* - Must maintain a valid driver's license
* - If at anytime the driver's license becomes invalid, suspended, revoked, or any other status other than valid the employee must notify their immediate manager or HR representative of the change of status.