about 1 year ago
Requisition Number 16-2173
Post Date 11/2/2016
Title Resorts - Events Supervisor - Shenandoah Crossing Resort
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours RESORTS Resort Operating Hours
Description The purpose of the Events Supervisor is to solicit new and repeat catering and group business, to manage all guest inquiries for catering and group events and to build relationships with local businesses, trade organizations and convention planners. Assists the Food and Beverage Manager in all preparations for catering functions.
The Events Supervisor will assist with day to day operation of the two F&B outlets to include interviewing, scheduling, training, developing associates, resolving problems, and responding to customer needs
Create and prepare catering contracts, ensuring all additional costs relating to the event have been reviewed and communicated.
* Efficiently respond to all client inquiries in a polite and friendly manner.
* Create contract draft and present to the clients for review.
* Provide weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
* Produce clear and accurate BEO’s (Banquet Event Orders) and group contracts within set deadlines.
* Organize and attend client meetings, both internal and external.
* Promote the resort in a positive and professional manner at all times.
* Will be available for night, weekend, and holiday shifts to assist with catering and group events.
* Research, qualify, and solicit potential clients by cold calling businesses and other leads with the objective of setting up appointments for property tours.
* Manage client expectations and objections. Work closely with department managers to ensure client needs are met.
* Work closely with vendors for rental equipment, to ensure delivery of services appropriately.
* Ensure the compliance with sanitation requirements for food and beverage and well as the high quality of services.
* Work closely with the Food and Beverage Manager on all aspects of communication with each event or function.
* Maintain a safe environment for group and client events.
* Manage wedding, trade show and event attendance.
* Assist with in-house promotion of resort amenities and activities.
* Manage room blocks and inventory. Coordinate with the FOM and Corporate Team on facilitating inventory blocking, management, and arrivals.
Requirements High School Diploma or GED equivalent
1 year of experience as an F&B Supervisor.
Marketing and promotion experience.
Knowledge of daily F&B operations, customer service and quality fundamentals.
MSOffice, SafeServe, TIPS.