4 months ago
Requisition Number 16-2141
Post Date 10/28/2016
Title Resorts - Common Areas Groundskeeper - Grande Villas at World Golf Village
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours RESORTS Resort Operating Hours
City St. Augustine
Description The purpose of the Groundskeeper is to maintain the daily grounds of the common areas at the Resort.
* Provide excellent service to both external and internal customers.
* Responsible to maintain proper working relations within the department and with other operating departments on the property.
* Responsibilities include maintaining all roads, grounds and some landscaping as directed by the Manager or Director of Engineering.
* Maintain plant shrubs, flowers, grass and foliage as directed by Supervisor.
* Trash pickup and removal of gum; maintain entryway and roadways as necessary insure the satisfaction of all guests by providing quick and satisfactory service to owners and guests.
* Pressure washing may also be part of the duties as resort demands.
* Use and maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
* Touch up paint where needed assuring that paint matches original color and you have the approval of the Manager.
* Repair items where needed.
* Make sure all work areas have been cleaned.
* Look at the physical condition of the resort and correct any unsafe conditions.
* Pass on written communication to supervisors and managers.
* PM sheet must be filled out completely, put in three-ring binder and turned in at the end of each day.
* Must have full knowledge of quality audit and ensure all audit procedures are followed at all times.
* Responsible for cleaning golf cart after use and complete checklist of a visual inspection to ensure it is operating safely.
* Responsible for maintaining a level of production to complete projects within specified time frames and deadlines.
* Ability to address the concerns and needs of the guests and associates in a friendly and professional manner.
* Possess a team player attitude and able to take direction from Engineering Manager.
* Carry out all requests from management, necessary to provide 100% customer satisfaction within the associates’ ability.
* Abide by all company and engineering policies and procedures.
* Follow all safety procedures when performing duties.
* Responsible for identification and/or repair of any safety hazards.
* Ensure OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards are followed at all times.
* Responsible for learning and meeting all necessary requirements for future growth in the department.
* Must have schedule flexibility to accommodate a 7-day work week, and be willing to be on 24-hour call as needed.
Requirements High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
3 months - Grounds/General Labor experience; Certified Pool Operator
License a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test.