4 months ago
Requisition Number 16-1743
Post Date 6/20/2016
Title Resort Title - Title Specialist (TEMP)
Position Type Temporary (Bluegreen)
Work Hours GENERAL: Alternating Shifts
City Boca Raton
*This is an ongoing special project with varied work hours*
The position of Title Specialist is responsible for the regular processing, closing and administration of closings for timeshare sales, residential sales or the recovery of inventory or assets for the business clients or consumers of Resort Title Agency, Inc. The functions related to these accountabilities requires the creation of various legal documents related to the title industry, performance of due diligence within various systems and records to determine and or confirm the ownership of the underlying real estate and at times may require additional functions to clear any title impediments. This position is also responsible for the data entry and/or maintenance of various systems and must also develop, review and/or manage certain reports.
Generally the position of Title Specialists assists with the business to business relationships established by the organization, however depending on the assigned responsibilities, this position may be required to communicate with consumers on a regular basis to provide certain services.
The Title Specialist will be assigned to one of two divisions within Resort Title Agency Inc: either the Association Services (Inventory Recovery) division of Resort Title working with associations, consumers and business customers for the recovery of inventory or assets or the transfer of such inventory or assets to third parties; or the Title Services division working primarily with timeshare and residential closing in a business to business or consumer to consumer setting.
Based on primary functions and experience of candidate, this position will be rated and compensated as a Level I, II or III/Team Lead.
* Accurately process closings of timeshare or residential sales or asset/inventory recovery closings as assigned in a timely and efficient manner. Processing includes: reviewing purchase contracts and sales documentation, reviewing the title history of timeshare inventory to ensure clear title is assigned to the respective transaction, reviewing loan status, preparing closing documents which includes title policies, delivery and receipt of recording documents. (Level II, III)
* Accurately process and efficiently perform any post closing administrative tasks including but not limited to monitoring documents returned from recording, updating recording information, delivery of trailing documents to customers, file retention and/or other tasks as required by management or as may be added from time to time.
* Assist management and other department members in resolving inventory problems and data processing requests which may require cross department communication and/or communication (written or verbal) with consumers. (Level II, III)
* As directed, assist with various acquisitions, sales or investment transactions of Bluegreen Corporation or other business to business customers which may require the use of timeshare inventory as security, including but not limited to title searches, preparing releases, preparing commitments, or performing due diligence. (Level II, III)
* As directed, assist or manage certain administrative projects or functions which may have a legal nature or concern which may include tasks that require a high degree of internal and external confidentiality. (Level II, III)
* Prepare various administrative documents and perform various administrative functions generally related to title or real estate closings such as: perform title searches; preparation, review and/or update of estoppels, receipt of payments from customers for services; prepare affidavits, releases, deeds, mortgages, HUD documents or other required functions necessary to close a real estate based transaction, transfer real estate, etc. (Level II, III)
* Access various systems of Resort Title Agency, Inc., Bluegreen Corporation or its clients as well as various external systems including the internet and external title search data bases.
* Title Specialists must meet processing goals and deadlines as set forth by management which may change from time to time as business needs require.
* Identify, communicate and/or resolve as needed title issues related to timeshare or residential inventory. (Level II, III)
* Assists in various office functions, such as data entry into different systems, accounts payable, disbursements from escrow checking accounts, updating records, filing, copying, etc.
* All functions require substantial data entry to various operating systems and Title Specialists must manage multiple systems and accurate data entry.
* Communicate on a regular basis any potential areas of improvement to management that may make processing more efficient.
* Special projects as designated by management.
Title Specialists within level III/Team Lead will have the following additional responsibilities: assist other associates with questions, answers, deadlines and review and or correct work as necessary; train new associates as directed by management and be responsible or serve as backup for functions related to Kronos Timekeeper. Level III/Team Lead level associate requires a minimum of two years prior experience in the same position with at least one year as a Level II. Similar prior experience may be substituted for one year.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test."
Requirements Level I: High school diploma required; two Years post high-school education experience preferred.
Level II: High school diploma and two years post high-school education experience required.
Level III: High school diploma and two years post high-school education experience required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
Title agent license in any state preferred but not required for success.
Level I: Two years work experience (paid or unpaid) required, preferably in an administrative position or related field. Experience working with deeds/contracts or inventory management, general real estate or mortgage.
Level II: Two years work experience (paid or unpaid) working with contracts, loan, real estate, title, hospitality required; work in finance or accounting preferred for success.
Level III: Same requirements as level II, however direct experience as Level II for at least two years required. Internal candidates only.
Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Prior experience with any title closing software, AS400 and Loanserv experience is a plus but not required. Testing of knowledge in Microsoft will be required.
Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
Must possess strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills (writing sample will be requested)
Professional appearance required.
Customer service driven personality as well as cross-function, multi-task oriented skills required for success.
Driven personality to succeed, learn and develop.
Independent self-starter with creative solutions.