9 months ago
Requisition Number 16-2180
Post Date 1/27/2017
Title Mortgage - Mortgage Collector
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours GENERAL - Mon & Tues: 10:30am - 7:30pm and Wed - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
City Boca Raton
The Mortgage Collector is responsible for bringing accounts into current status, reducing department delinquency, and reducing defaults.
* Responsible for making outbound and taking inbound telephone calls on all delinquent owners within their respective queues.
* Responsible for collecting delinquent loan payments on the Vacation Club, Sampler and Fee Based Service portfolios.
* Provide excellent customer service to our owners and assist with delinquent Maintenance Fees, reservations, and other owner issues as needed.
* Responsible for keeping delinquency and defaults low in order to avoid setting off triggers established by investors/lenders that may have a negative financial impact on the company.
* Responsible for collecting on delinquent loans which are 30-120 days past due.
* Maintain accurate banking and customer information in LSAMS, Western Union and within other departments in the company.
* Responsible for processing Loan Reinstatements and Loan Extensions, when necessary.
* Keep current on knowledge related to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
* Associate will be obligated to work either one extra night shift or 4 hours of mandatory overtime as determined by the Collection Manager.
We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. If offered employment, applicant must be willing to submit to a background check/drug test."
Requirements High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
Must have working knowledge of The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Good computer skills, including MS Office products.
Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communications skills. Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to muti-task and communicate effectively with team members in a professional manner.