2 months ago
Requisition Number 16-2181
Post Date 11/2/2016
Title Club Services - Travel Consultant
Position Type Full Time
Work Hours CLUB SVS Custom Mid-Shift Hours
Description Bluegreen Travel Services is seeking work-from-home Travel Consultants who have a PASSION for travel! We are a professional leisure travel agency housed within an inbound call center. No telemarketing or cold calls!
Write your own paycheck! Our agents earn an hourly wage plus commission. The more you sell, the more you make!
Travel Consultants research, quote, and finalize travel arrangements including tour packages, airline transportation, hotel stays, car rental, cruise packages, and resort reservations for Bluegreen clients calling into our Customer Care Center in Indianapolis. Concierge-style customer service and itinerary planning with a strong sales component. Experience with a Global Distribution System (GDS) required.
Our most successful consultants are driven, caring, responsible, passionate individuals who love the travel industry and all it has to offer.
If this description fits you, apply now!
Full-time schedule, competitive hourly wage plus commission/bonus incentives and generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and four weeks paid time off. We provide ongoing Travel training to ensure our consultants are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
* Researches options to maintain an economical, efficient travel program
* Provides professional, accurate, cost-effective travel arrangements for all members
* Assists as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the traveler, including ticket processing, clerical functions, etc.
* Researches and provides solutions for travel-related problems
* Keeps informed of all airline rules and regulations and other travel industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements
Employees in Bethlehem, Miami, Orlando, or Chicago work from home. Employees in Indianapolis have the option to work from home.
Requirements * GDS experience, Amadeus preferred
* High school diploma or GED; college degree in travel/tourism/hospitality preferred
* Highly professional client relations/customer service skills
* Driven to meet competitive sales goals
* Excellent PC skills with working knowledge of MS Office/Internet Explorer/Outlook
* Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Strong geographical knowledge
* Thorough knowledge of travel industry rules