about 1 year ago
Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. is currently seeking an office coordinator to join our housekeeping department!
Scope of Position
The Office Coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of the Housekeeping administrative duties.
The Office Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Housekeeping and/or the Housekeeping Manager(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
Guest Requests & Guest Interaction:
* Answer all telephone calls coming into the Housekeeping office.
* Coordinate and distribute guest requests and ensure they are addressed.
* Manage early arrivals/VIPs' special requests by continuously providing update for Housekeeping Managers on priority of rooms needed
* Update additional credits/rollaway beds and baby cots make up and delivery charges sheet daily on either shift
* Ensure that the key distribution system is well-maintained and inventory record is updated.
* Record all late/absent employees on designated attendance sheet.
* Monitor occupancy status of guest rooms on a constant basis.
* Keep accurate record of all general cleaning materials/carpet shampoo/drapery maintenance/chandelier cleaning materials.
* Keep accurate record of Room Attendant and House Attendant productivity.
* Coordinate Lost & Found with the Security Department.
* Maintain accurate record of all receivables into the department.
Other Administrative Duties:
* Evaluate shift assignments and prioritize work load; manage housekeeper's boards & assignments ensuring compliance with the CBA.
* Assist the Housekeeping Manager in opening up the guest room distribution including managing variances between Room Attendants scheduled versus needed.
* Follow Housekeeping Manager's direction and call in employees, if necessary.
* Ensure all letters and packages are delivered in a timely manner and records are kept regularly.
* Excellent communication skills with fluency in English is required, both written and verbal.
* Previous experience working in a fast paced, detail oriented environment. Must have superior multi-tasking ability.
* Excellent computer skills; prior experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* Demonstrated superior phone etiquette; prior experience with multi-line phone systems, 2 way radio systems, etc.
* Demonstrated professional demeanor; ability to remain calm under pressure & handle every request with a smile.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays.
* Prior experience in housekeeping department preferred; experience in luxury hotel setting strongly preferred.
* Experience in a unionized hotel environment preferred.
* Bi-lingual abilities a plus.
Reference # 49642
Posted: Nov 18, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)