about 1 year ago
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, extensive event space, and our Forbes Four Star Rated Spa at Mandarin Oriental. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best.
Mandarin Oriental, Washington, D.C. is currently seeking a full-time Guest Service Agent to join our Front Office team.
The Guest Service Agent will:
- Ensure a delightful, seamless arrival and departure experience
- Handle all guest compliments, comments, observations and complaints timely and effectively achieving full guest satisfaction
- Communicate all guest compliments, comments, observations and complaints to relevant departments and ensuring follow up
- Process guest charges and payments accurately
- Ensure the proactive building of guest history
- Ensure accurate communication of information and guest requests by Front of House team members
- Work with all Front of House colleagues achieving continuous, seamless service
- Ensuring professional, efficient handling of reservations requests
- Encouraging day to day up-selling of guest accommodation
- Other duties as assigned by the managers
* Prior experience in hotel front office operations is preferred; prior experience in the luxury segment is strongly favored.
* Must posess excellent communication skills; fluency in English is required.
* Must be able to work a very flexible schedule that will include early mornings, late nights, overnights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have strong computer skills; expertise with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel is required; experience with Springer Miller Systems is preferred.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality or related field is preferred.
Reference # 44840
Posted: Nov 11, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
Department Front Office
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)