6 months ago
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, and dynamic General Manager to lead our team of hospitality professionals.
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast paced hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Do you enjoy "thinking out the box" and creating strategies to increase revenue and customer satisfaction while ensuring bottom line results?
If the answer is YES, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is looking for you!
The General Manager will report to the VP of Operations and is responsible for leading and managing the overall operational aspects of the resort which includes insuring and delivering results include ensuring the success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding revenue and profit goals, and ensuring associate satisfaction, product quality, and outstanding guest service standards are achieved. The GM provides exemplary leadership and helps to create an atmosphere which cultivates our company core values.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Driving outstanding service culture throughout the resort
* Insure associate engagement and performance
* Drive overall operating and financial performance
* Drive financial results
* Maintains physical product standards
* Drives safety and security management
* Responsible for managing labor according to business demands; add or detract labor as needed and based on expected amount of business
* Maintain open line of communication with all working associates, all managers, and executive team members
* Interact with Members to ensure their satisfaction
* 3-5 years minimum experience as General Manager at full service 4 Diamond, 4 Star service environment
Ideal candidate will have:
* Strong knowledge of local market
* Strong financial acumen
* Strong knowledge in sales and revenue management
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the daily operations of the property
* Ability to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in guest service, employee satisfaction, sales and marketing, resort appearance, and profit/financial control
* Embraces customer service excellence
* Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
* Proven experience in developing and maintaining and leading strong and effective working teams
* Budget and P&L expertise
* Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency
* Ability to evaluate trends, new approaches and practices in order to improve guest and team satisfaction and overall operation
* Tangible track record in maintaining and improving department profitability
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, and to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move office supplies weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/restaurant equipment.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D