11 months ago
Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Luckie Marietta District , this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Georgia Dome.
Omni CNN’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
This position functions as the primary, strategic business leader of the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responsible for all aspects of the business. Responsibilities include guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales, revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to ownership. Leads a team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of brand service strategy and initiatives, with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest and associate expectations. In addition, the General Manager builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement in the sales process. The position ensures Omni Hotels & Resorts sales channels are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
* Sets goals and expectations for direct reports.
* Identifies leadership and fosters career development.
* Inspires and motivates team to achieve operational excellence.
* Leads a cohesive leadership team and positive business environment that consistently delivers results
* Develops deployment strategies to market property in order to continue to grow market share.
* Supports the sales strategy by encouraging effective revenue management practices.
* Reviews the STR report, competitive shopping reports and using other resources to maintain an awareness of the property’s market position.
* Identifies key drivers of business success.
* Reviews sales goals and strategies to ensure alignment with positioning and pricing
* Ensures sales and revenue engines are leveraged to drive RevPAR improvement year over year.
* Ensures capital expenditure funds are being budgeted and deployed effectively and within program.
* Holds staff accountable for successful performance in a positive manner.
* Utilizes an “open door” policy.
* Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding property goals to produce desired results.
* Fosters associate engagement to providing excellent service.
* Inspires executive committee team members by demonstrating strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
* Works collaboratively with various Global Sales Offices to build and nurture strong relationships to aid the business objectives of the hotel.
* Provides strategic direction and direct support to ensure the success of the group sales team.
* Participates in daily Operations meetings to ensure strong and sustained interdepartmental communications, problem resolution and guest satisfaction.
* Participates directly in risk management issues and prevention including legal and workers compensation.
* Ensures accurate revenue, expense and labor forecasts and execution.
* Creates appropriate development plans based on individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
* 10 years minimum experience as a General Manager in an upscale, predominately group focused hotel environment.
* BS/BA undergraduate degree
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent communications skills.