7 months ago
Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Luxurious comfort embraces pure style at the elegant, four-diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta within the bustling Luckie Marietta District , this luxury hotel treats you to views of the spectacular downtown skyline or picturesque Centennial Olympic Park. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to Philips Arena and the Georgia World Congress Center, and it is the closest hotel to the Georgia Dome.
Omni CNN’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hotel at CNN Center may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel. The Food and Beverage LID is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management..
Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager’s job description.
Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
Hold pre-meal meetings.
Follow up on established training steps.
Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
Stay on the floor during peak hours.
Observe, teach and correct staff’s service.
Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
Maintain condition of dining room, lobby lounge, morsels, mini bar and room service.
Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
* 1 year of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
* 4 year college degree required, preferably in a related field.
* Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
* Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
* General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 50 hours a week including weekends and holidays.
* Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
* Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
* Alcoholic beverage service training required.
* Must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.