8 months ago
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
* Answering hotel's main telephone number and connecting guests and colleagues to the correct telephone extension.
* Greeting all callers with a warm and sincere greeting.
* Anticipating and recognizing individual guest needs.
* Passing on requests in a timely and accurate manner to appropriate colleagues.
* Delivering personalized wake-up calls within 2 minutes of agreed upon time in a clear and pleasant voice
* Monitor and dispatch luggage requests when necessary
* Monitor all guest requests and follow up with appropriate departments to ensure completion in a timely manner.
* All telephone calls will be answered within 4 rings.
* All callers will be asked for permission before being placed on hold, apologies will be made to caller on hold when returning to the line.
* An acknowledgement is made before transferring or connecting a call.
* Must be able to remain calm and communicate clearly with Guests, Management and colleagues in the event of an emergency.
* PBX will communicate with the ERT command centre as necessary in the event of an emergency.
* Ability to input and access data in a computer precisely and efficiently.
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
* Ability to understand guests' inquiries and provide clear and grammatically correct responses.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
* Ability to focus attention on details.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data.
* Ability to work well under pressure while completing multiple tasks within any given period of time.
* Meet with departing PBX agent to review business status and follow up items.
* Set up workstations with necessary supplies: maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
* Answer telephone within 4 rings, using correct salutations, telephone etiquette and closing.
* Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc, received for them and ensure they are delivered to the guest within 15 minutes.
* Monitor telephones system problems and alert pertinent departments in an effort to correct said problems in an expedited manner to prevent guest/colleague dissatisfaction.
* Assist in emergency situations as central communication centre for hotel, receiving instruction from base post.
* Provide assistance to the Guest Relations Team by inputting guest preference clearly and accurately.
* Responds to guest emails and text messages through Zingle on a timely manner.
* Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Guest Relations Manager or Manager on Duty.
* Strong written and communication skills in the English language.
* Basic computer and typing skills.
* Able to multi-task and remain composed at all times.
* Strong desire to provide excellent guest service.
* The ability to work well in a team environment.
* Flexible schedule required to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation, which includes weekends, overnight, and holidays.
* Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
* Previous experience with HotSOS, Springer Miller, SDC Interllidesk and/or Go Concierge preferred
* Multi-lingual is preferred
* Professional and personable
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Reference # 50099
Posted: Dec 29, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
Work Availability On-call
Job Type Non-Management (Experienced)