about 1 year ago
The Chemical Applicator position is primarily responsible for the application of Pesticides and Fertilizers to the golf course and grounds.
* The Chemical Applicator position is primarily responsible for the application of Pesticides and Fertilizers to the golf course and grounds. Applications must be in accordance with all laws and regulations. This individual must possess all State/local pesticide application certifications required.
* Demonstrate preparation for day’s work by arriving in uniform and with a positive attitude.
* Understand and demonstrate proper application equipment calibration.
* Recognize and implement all safety standards associated with product loading, mixing and application equipment.
* Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the game of golf, its rules and expected playing conditions for an “Upscale Championship” golf course.
* Demonstrate the capability to work in and around guest areas without endangering guests.
* Carry out all golf course maintenance tasks with a sense of pride and ownership so as to adhere to established quality guidelines for daily course conditioning.
* Inspect all tools and equipment prior to, during and after use. Operate all equipment safely and with care and consideration of its value. Report any damage and or lack of performance to a supervisor. Also demonstrate an understanding of the work order system for equipment repair and maintenance.
* Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations as outlined in the Omni Hotels employee handbook.
* This individual must possess pesticide application certification through the Florida Pest Control Commission
* Work outdoors in various weather extremes
* In and around golfers and golf play
* With and around hazardous equipment
* Must be able to work safely with hand tools, trimming tools, transportation vehicles, mowing equipment, sprayers, spreaders and mixing equipment.