7 months ago
Cafe Server Assistant
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 11,000 rooms in 27 countries with 18 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas, and 12 in Europe and Middle East. In addition, the Group operates, or has under development, 14 Residences at Mandarin Oriental connected to its properties.
This position is located in The Americas, Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta; luxury hotel comprises 127 spacious guestrooms and suites, providing guests with unparalleled views of the city. Facilities include an all-day dining restaurant and lounge bar, as well as a wide selection of meeting rooms, including a 130-seat ballroom. The extensive spa facilities are complete with 14 treatment rooms and will feature signature therapies for which Mandarin Oriental spas are renowned.
The Server Assistant maintains an organized dining room environment and clean stations and equipment which will be used to assist the servers in addressing guests' needs and requests. The incumbent should be able to anticipate guests' needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience.
The Server Assistant reports directly to the Assistant Outlets Food & Beverage Manager.
Checks assigned station before, during and after shift for proper set up and cleanliness
Responsible for the completion of designated side work checklists (both opening and closing)
Bus tables and re-sets tables for the next guest. Pick-up clean linen for service and drop-off soiled linen for washing to determined area
Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
Assist guests courteously and efficiently
Keep chairs and restaurant area clean and clear of debris
Respond to guest requests in a timely manner
Set up side station with sugar bowls, water pitches, bread and butter etc. established in the side work sheet
Ensure that all silver is polished and spotless
Follow the cleaning program for the restaurant established in the side work sheet
Up keep and clear tables between courses throughout the meal
Delivery of food from kitchen to guest's tables, including tray service
Assist in setting up tables according to floor plan
Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
Attend all food and beverage training classes when requested to
Wish each guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming
Must be aware at all times what type of water each guest in his/her station is drinking
Responsible for keeping the dining room floors free of debris and spilled liquids
Responsible for resetting all tables to our standard throughout the shift
Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
Attend daily lineup/communication meeting
Attend monthly department meeting
Have a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a luxury fine dining establishment
Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays
Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation
Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
Have excellent communication and organization skills
Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Must work as a team player and assist server when needed
* A minimum of 2 year of experience as server in an upscale hospitality environment.
* Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks inclusive of holidays.
* Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
* Must be able to carry multiple items in hand and keep on pace with business volumes
* Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
* Must have good organizational skills.
* Must have excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to consistently delight and satisfy our Guest
* Must be able to walk back on forth for a minimum of 5 hours straight
* Must have a excellent knowledge of food and preparation
* Must have able to relate to all levels of management and guests.
* Experience in a luxury market.
3. Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
* Retrieves completed food and/or beverage orders from kitchen or bar; confirms accuracy of order and delivers to guests with appropriate condiments. When serving beverages, abides by all state, federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
* Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain if necessary any specials and/or bar promotions
* Records the details of the order from guests, repeating as necessary, to check for accuracy
* Responsible for serving drinks, serving food, cleaning bar, setting up and breaking down the lounge area
* Replenishes beverages as necessary and checks with guest for overall satisfaction
* Markets and serves upon request any dessert or specialty item
* Presents the check to the guest when asked and collects and processes payment
* Handle, process and settle all cash payment and transactions from bar and lounge
* Makes sure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless
* The Server maintains all environment and equipment clean and tidy, assists guests when they have questions about the menus/wine list/liquor and cocktails, and takes order from guests, anticipates guests' needs and addresses them accordingly
* Enter all sales in Micros (POS) without errors. Double check list of items before "sending". Print a new check after each additional order is entered.
* Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it
* Maintaining cleanliness of the lounge area at all times and well stocked with supplies
* Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the management
* Understand and follow the laws and guidelines for beverage service
* Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
* Assist guests courteously and efficiently
* Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations
* Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas
* Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
* Assist bartenders and server assistants when necessary
* Attend all food and beverage training classes
* Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
* Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
* Attend monthly department meeting
Reference # 49998
Posted: Nov 13, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Department Restaurant Outlet
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)