7 months ago
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels, resorts and residences. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, 44 hotels representing over 11,000 rooms in 28 countries, with 18 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas and 13 in Europe, Middle East and North Africa. In addition, the Group operates, or has under development, 14 Residences at Mandarin Oriental, connected to the Group's properties.
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, and extensive event space. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and devoted to a superior level of service and culture.
The Bellperson will be responsible for providing our guests with outstanding luxury service on a daily basis. The Bellperson will work directly with the Front Office staff to ensure seamless and timely delivery of all guest luggage and other items as directed.
The successful Bellperson candidate will possess the following required skills:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Fluency in English language (written and oral); superior command of the English language to facilitate flawless telephone etiquette and guest interaction.
* Demonstrated superior multi-tasking skills; a commitment to team focus while providing outstanding guest service.
* Be physically competent to stand/walk for 8+ hours on a daily basis.
* Be physically competent to lift/pull/push up to 75 lbs. on a frequent basis.
* 1+ year of experience in a similar position is strongly preferred.
* Mulit-lingual candidates preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include overnight shifts, early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
This position requires a flexible schedule to include overnight shifts, weekends and holidays.
Reference # 48103
Posted: Oct 31, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
Department Bell Desk
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Entry)