4 months ago
Supervise and train golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
* Supervise, train and inspect golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
* Maintains accurate records pertaining to employees, chemicals, fertilization, accidents and any other record keeping requirements.
* Assists Director with any construction projects.
* Reports any discrepancies in safety, improper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
* Fills in to perform all routine golf course functions and activities when required by Director.
* Assists in annual budget and capital improvement requests.
* Reports and recommends any changes to procedures or training.
* Must be available 7 days per week.
* May be asked to work varied hours.
* Must possess or obtain All State Required Pest Control Certification(s) for Pesticide application.
* Experience in golf course and turf management
* A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
* Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
* Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
* Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
* Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
* Ability to prepare the golf course for play according to the rules of golf.
* Valid Driver’s license..