2 months ago
Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer fine-dining, a relaxing Spa, spectacular accommodations and legendary service of the world-renowned hotel group.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
* Operational oversight and coordinating the efficient running of the Housekeeping, Floral and Uniform/Laundry/Valet departments on a daily basis.
* Ensure that all reports required by various offices in the hotel are submitted on a timely basis.
* Ensure that all colleagues have total compliance with all standards of operation and service standard requirements.
* Review all guest comments and ensure timely follow up relating to the Housekeeping and Uniform/Laundry/Valet departments. Ensure that immediate action has been taken in following up with the guest, updating the profile, resolution and formulate solutions to prevent dissatisfaction recurring by investigating the root cause of issue.
* Ensure that all schedules in a timely manner are completed in a timely manner and meet the labor management guidelines.
* Oversee the ordering of all supplies to ensure that par levels are maintained and that purchasing is in line with budget.
* Hold regular daily, weekly and monthly communication briefings with colleagues of all levels.
* Carry out inspections of rooms, public areas and back of house areas on a regular basis to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times. Oversee the inspection of Top level VIP rooms, personal involvement and ownership of quality.
* Ensure that linen is properly controlled and ensure that quality of linen laundry service is reviewed daily. Liaise with linen processor and ensure adequate supply and quality via on-going communication.
* Advise and coordinate recognition program, special events e.g. International Housekeeping Appreciation Week, Holidays, etc.
* Oversee all training and development initiatives throughout the department.
* Ensure that uniforms for all staff are maintained and controlled and coordinate with designers as required.
* Propose and initiate when approved, new services and products for our guests.
* Perform and support administrative duties such as scheduling, payroll, purchasing and inventory management reports.
* Participate in all regular and ad hoc operational meetings as required.
* Manage projects and any other reasonable duties as required by hotel management
* Assist with housekeeping and uniform/laundry candidate selection and staffing.
* Assist with all issues of staff performance of all housekeeping and uniform/laundry colleagues.
* Develop junior management through coaching within the department.
* Ensure that the appraisal and succession planning systems and deadlines are utilized and adhered to.
* Ensure that all staff problems are handled expediently and tactfully.
* Complete ownership for the ongoing training requirements in the division.
* Assist with all vacation and leave requests are acted upon in a timely manner. Ensure that staffing guidelines and productivity goals are met.
* Ensure that coaching procedures are undertaken fairly and in accordance to hotel policies.
* Ensure accurate and timely attendance tracking and action to be taken.
* Ensure all medical related issues, injury follow up and FMLA procedures are followed.
* Comply with and enforce hotel grooming standards with all colleagues.
* Closely monitor all departmental expenses and labor to ensure that they are within budget.
* Ensure productivity goals are understood and met.
* Ensure operations meet all internal and external audit requirements.
* Work closely with the IT department to ensure that all deficiencies in guest room technology are reported and remedied immediately.
* Work closely with Engineering to oversee maintenance of all rooms and public areas as required.
* Conduct regular maintenance walkthroughs of the property with Engineering Management to identify any areas that require remedial action and to co-ordinate the timely completion of such.
* Assist the Director of Housekeeping with the room preventative maintenance program in conjunction with the Director of Engineering to ensure that the MOHG standards for PM are maintained throughout the year and to ensure that the quality of the room product is maintained at the highest level.
* Work constantly with the Engineering Management team and Rooms Control to ensure that any out of order rooms are returned to inventory expediently.
* Ensure that all services offered to the Residences are delivered.
* Ensure that strong relationships are build with the Residential Owners to maximize their use of hotel outlets and services.
* 2-4 years of Housekeeping management experience in a luxury hotel setting.
* Must possess a strong written and verbal command of the English language.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Computer literacy which is not limited to: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
* Keen eye for style, details and cleanliness.
* Knowledge of payroll and budgeting in a large department.
* Approachable, open-minded and fair.
* Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
* High energy.
* College degree in Hospitality Management or similar field preferred.
* Experience with Springer Miller PMS is an advantage.
* Experience with HotSOS and REX are an advantage.
* Additional languages are an advantage.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Reference # 50098
Posted: Nov 18, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Management