7 months ago
Accounts Payable Clerk
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. In total, the Group operates 22 luxury hotels in key business and leisure destinations, with numerous hotels under development. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group now operates, or has under development, more than 10,000 rooms in 16 countries with 11 hotels in Asia, seven in the Americas and four in Europe.
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a spectacular addition to our acclaimed collection of hotels and resorts. Situated in the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood, the luxurious 127 guest rooms and 10 suites offer the most spacious luxury accommodations in the city. Unparalleled service and luxury amenities make it the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a serene retreat for effective therapy. Our spa has introduced Atlanta to world-acclaimed and unique Mandarin Oriental therapies.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will assist the Assistant Director of Finance in all Accounts Payable functions of the hotel. This individual will present suggestions for improvements and meaningful solutions to related issues, as they occur.
This position entails conducting continuous verification of invoices, statements, and credits received, resolving any discrepancies with invoices, statements, credits and/or vendors, travel agents or any departments within the hotel. This also includes preparing payments with proper documentation for signature. Additional duties include creating and maintaining computerized records of expenses and payments, assisting in the preparation of various reports produced by the department and assisting in the month end closing process.
The Account Payable Clerk reports to the Assistant Director of Finance
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
* Maintains computerized sequential log record of all purchase orders issued, completed and outstanding
* Reviews open purchase order file, checks on past due invoices weekly, investigates and resolves any outstanding issues
* Obtains original copies of all purchase orders and matches same to related receiving materials
* Verifies receipt of all materials listed on invoices and statements received from vendors and suppliers
* Performs accuracy verification of items received, general ledger account & department charged and invoice extensions
* Reports deviations from established purchasing/receiving procedures to Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Purchasing
* Posts and inputs invoice data into accounting software on a daily basis; verifies data is accurate
* Prepares approved and signed checks for mailing in timely manner (or as required by law)
* Performs file maintenance activities for purchase orders, receiving documents, signed check copies, computer print outs and other documentation pertaining to accounts payable operations
* Assists in end of month closing process, including payments, reversals, and accruals
* Verifies and processes payment of Travel Agent commissions
* Assists in the performance of annual review and purge of files
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
* At a minimum, two years prior supervisory experience in hotel accounts receivable or collections
* Knowledge of collection and credit reporting procedures
* Proficiency in computer software applications to include: Sun, Opera, Micros Systems and Delphi
* All Windows based Accounting systems
* Strong level of proficiency in Excel
* Strong organization and maintenance skills
* Effective management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
* Strong team player, enthusiastic to learn and accomplish the Finance Department & Mandarin Oriental overall goals.
Reference # 50158
Posted: Nov 22, 2016
Location(s) Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
Work Availability Full-time
Job Type Non-Management (Experienced)